Ok, I realize we're two weeks into the new year, but I'm just getting around to thinking about what I'd like to challenge myself with this year...
1. Lose weight. Started last Saturday... So far, so good. It's time to get back into a healthy lifestyle, time to be more active so I can do the things I want to do! So, here we go!
2. Be more social... Outside of work. I feel like my job has been eating up my weekends and evenings. Time to get involved in things outside of work! First attempt? A book group!
3. Volunteer more. Like #2, I feel like all my service is through my job. I'd like to find something to get involved in that is seperate from work... Looking for something with the Twin Cities homeless population...
4. Be intentional about my morning reading and writing... It gives my day a framework - I have things to notice and be aware of, challenges to myself, and a sense of gratefulness. I really struggle when I don't do this everyday!
5. Look for new adventures - in faith, in friendships, in love, in life! Make more memorable moments...!
Did you think about resolutions or challenges for your new year? Care to share?
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Advil. Can't get rid of this blasted headache!
2. New possibilities.
4. Plans for dinner with a friend.
7. Having the guts to stand up for what is right on a friend's Facebook post...
8. Sharing dinner with other "ambience nerds" last night!
9. Taking steps toward these resolutions!
10. Feeling brave... Just for taking those first steps! (Ha ha ha, I'm such an introvert...)
QotD: Are you a leader or a follower?
Both. Depends on the situation... I prefer to follow, but get frustrated easily. Ilike to lead in the places where I am inspired!
my favorite place in the house.
2 hours ago