Tonight, at church, our Lenten service project was filling gift bags with the things that make for a good birthday party: balloons, cake mix, frosting, candles, plates, invitations, banners, noisemakers, a card, and Target gift cards!
Emma's Place (Emma's place offers permanent, affordable housing for homeless, low-income families. It has thirteen three- and four-bedroom townhomes for single parents with three or more children.) for kids who may not get a birthday party otherwise...
We had 30 people come share dinner, a devotional, and put together the bags - and all with laughter and joy at being together and sharing our blessings with others.
What a great way to end a busy day!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Frosted Mini-Wheats.
2. Super curly hair!
3. Lunch with Dad - a nice break in my day.
4. An unexpected errand with my boss - including a stop for coffee... Mmmm...
5. Plans to go to Nickelodean Universe this weekend with some youth group families!
6. Planning our theme for the month of May at church - "The Spiritual Habit of Play!"
7. A youth group kid, Lydia, helping to lead the devotional tonight - she did such a great job!
8. A nice turnout for our service project tonight!
9. American Idol... a guilty pleasure.
10. Signs of spring EVERYWHERE! (Hundreds of geese flew over my car today and my black squirrel came to visit at work today... Spring is here!)
What a Hump
6 hours ago